Jeep is now offering Gorilla Glass as an option! And for only $95 why would any new Jeep buyer not include it?
PROTECT YOUR WINDSHIELD
The Mopar® windshield with Corning Gorilla Glass helps defend against many common windshield fractures.
- Typically small sharp stone impact
- Characteristic star (aka radial) crack
- Crack extends fully through the outer glass ply (surfaces one and two)
- Typically small blunt rock/debris impact
- Characteristic bullseye flaw, may see surrounding star crack
- Crack is on surface one of outer ply, may extend to surface two of outer ply
- Larger blunt object like hail or stone
- Sharp impact on surface one
- Long cracks running from a central point
- Crack is commonly on inner ply surface four, sometimes on outer ply surface two
The new glass is reportedly thinner than it’s stock counterpart but the inner laminate is 52% thicker and utilizes the same technology that many of our smartphones use. Part numbers are also listed on the Mopar site for the JK, JL and JT models.