While it’s not a Jeep Wrangler, it is still a Jeep, and the technology that goes into these “other” Jeep models is likely to appear in future models that we know and love. The 2022 Jeep Compass was debuted at the Chicago Auto Show in July and is scheduled to arrive at dealerships this fall. Technology wise is the most connected and advanced Jeep yet.
Two Jeep 4×4 systems and Selec-Terrain traction management system continue the tradition of legendary off-road capability
- Modern, spacious interior features double the storage, a new 10.1-inch Uconnect 5 center stack display, new available 10.25-inch frameless full-color thin-film transistor (TFT) digital cluster, plus heated rear seats available for the first time on Compass
- New Latitude LUX trim delivers a long list of premium amenities, standard safety features and legendary Jeep 4×4 capability for an incredible value
- Debuts with an authentic Jeep exterior and more premium design
- More than 75 advanced safety and security features – the most available safety features in its class – and a host of next-generation technologies
- Advanced safety features now standard across all trims include Full-speed Collision Warning with active brake and pedestrian/cyclist detection, Active Lane Management with LaneSense Lane Departure Warning with Lane Keep Assist and Blind-spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path detection
- New Highway Assist semi-autonomous driving system (late availability) delivers hands-on-wheel and eyes-on-road automated driving
- New suspension tuning delivers smooth ride and handling; upgraded steering provides improved on-road responsiveness
“The new 2022 Jeep Compass ushers in new levels of comfort and functionality, with premium styling and craftsmanship inside and out. A stunning new interior design and the addition of several standard advanced safety features make it even more desirable in the compact SUV segment,” said Jim Morrison Vice President, Jeep Brand North America. “Sophisticated and well equipped, the Compass stays true to its benchmark 4×4 capability and on-road dynamics, but with even more refinement and precision. It also boasts a host of new attributes and innovative technologies designed to keep consumers connected and make their lives easier.”
Available in five different trim configurations: Sport, Latitude, new Latitude LUX, Limited and the rugged Trail Rated Trailhawk, the 2022 Jeep Compass is scheduled to arrive in Jeep showrooms in North America in the fall of 2021.
The new 2022 Jeep Compass delivers incredible performance, whether traversing off-road trails or navigating busy city streets. Legendary off-road capability begins courtesy of two advanced, intelligent 4×4 systems, each of which can send 100% of available torque to any one wheel.
The Compass features a class-exclusive fully disconnecting rear axle and power-transfer unit (PTU) in order to provide 4×4 models with enhanced fuel economy. Jeep Active Drive and Active Drive Low 4×4 systems instantly engage when 4×4 traction is needed.
Jeep Active Drive
Enabled by an innovative PTU, Jeep Active Drive is fully automatic and delivers seamless operation in and out of four-wheel drive, at any speed with no driver intervention. Standard on Sport, Latitude and Limited 4×4 models, Jeep Active Drive can provide as much as 100% of the engine’s available torque to the rear wheels, enabling optimal grip in low-traction conditions.
Jeep Active Drive Low
Providing the Compass Trailhawk with legendary off-road capability, Jeep Active Drive Low builds on the Jeep Active Drive system and affords a 20:1 crawl ratio and low range for 4×4 Trail Rated capability.
Both Jeep Active Drive and Active Drive Low 4×4 systems include the Jeep Selec-Terrain system, providing up to four modes (Auto, Snow, Sand/Mud modes, plus exclusive Rock mode on the Trailhawk model) for driver controllable, four-wheel-drive performance on- or off-road and in all weather conditions.
For even greater Trail Rated off-road capability, Selec-Terrain includes standard Hill-descent Control on Trailhawk models. Hill-descent Control allows drivers to control vehicle speed down steep, rugged grades without the need for throttle or brake pedals.
The Compass Trailhawk model also includes a 1-inch factory lift to deliver 8.6 inches of ground clearance, water fording up to 19 inches, high-strength steel skid plates, signature red front and rear tow hooks, 17-inch aluminum wheels and rugged, all-season performance tires. Rounding out its go-anywhere capability is uniquely designed front and rear fascias, giving Trailhawk models a 30-degree approach angle, a 24-degree breakover angle and a 34-degree departure angle.
The new 2022 Jeep Compass features the latest, most advanced Uconnect system ever, with a new 10.1-inch infotainment center stack display. The all-new Uconnect 5 delivers an intuitive user experience and operating speeds that are five times faster when compared to the previous generation. By utilizing an Android operating system and over-the-air updates, Uconnect 5 brings flexibility that will allow the system to continuously evolve to offer new content, features and connected services.
The Uconnect 5 system offers more personalization and features with unmatched ease of use. The suite of system highlights includes:
- Standard 8.4-inch (largest standard entry-level touchscreen in its class) and 10.1-inch digital touchscreens
- Five user profiles plus a valet mode – customizable music preferences, apps, seat position, mirror angles and climate comfort levels
- Fully customizable home screen for quick, one-touch access to frequently used features
- Simultaneous connectivity for two Bluetooth-enabled phones
- Standard wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Alexa “Home to Car” functionality now includes in-vehicle Alexa virtual assistant with natural speak voice control and “Car to Home” features
- All-new Uconnect mobile app
- TomTom navigation with predictive search, natural speak voice control and live traffic updates
- 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot to connect up to eight wireless devices