We all know that running a hardtop full time on a Jeep Wrangler kind of defeats the experience of driving the most capable rig on and off the road. While the hard top provides a much more “solid” lid to protect you from the elements, a soft top option takes the driving experience to a whole new level.
Most of us think about soft tops as having those hard to see through plastic windows, being so loud on the road you can’t have a conversation and flapping in the wind so badly that it just becomes annoying!
So…we ditched the restrictive hard top and decided on the Trektop Pro Hybrid from Bestop! This thing has GLASS windows!
A quick rundown of the Specs of this awesome soft top from Bestop:
TREKTOP PRO HYBRID SOFT TOP
They said it couldn’t be done. But Bestop did it. Trektop Pro is the next step in soft top design for Jeep® Wrangler JK. A true hybrid top integrating the easy-lift rear glass hatch of a factory hard top with the advantages of an ultra premium soft top. It’s truly a top for all seasons and all reasons.
- For 2007-2017 Wrangler JK Unlimited 4-door models
- Industry-first hard rear glass hatch on a soft top for easy, one hand operation and easy accessibility to rear cargo area
- Premium 30-oz. triple-layer black acrylic twill fabric for durability and great, no-wrinkles appearance
- Bestop’s Sunrider® flip-back panel for open air driving
- Weighs less than a hard top, can help save gas
- Sliding glass side windows for extra ventilation for front & rear seat passengers or pets
- Easy install or removal of rear hatch and side window panels
- Rear glass hatch has gas assist struts and integrated defroster connector plus mounting points for optional rear wiper motor assembly
- Rear hatch is removable unlike factory or aftermarket hard tops
- With side panels and rear glass removed, Trektop Pro becomes a Safari Bikini® for open air driving
- Includes hardware, door surrounds, rear arch module, side windows, safety glass hatch with built-in defroster grid
- Optional Window Storage Portfolio available to store the side window panels and rear hatch glass.
And includes their Limited Lifetime Warranty!
This top gets shipped in two large boxes and comes with a multi-page set of instructions. At first we thought it was going to be a lengthy project, but the instructions are VERY complete and we had the hard top off and new Trektop Pro installed in less than 4 hours.
Bestop even has full install videos available!
Ditching the hard top as summer gets close makes Jeeping a much more enjoyable adventure! Thanks to http://www.bestop.com for producing such a great quality product!