“I ask that… all of you celebrate my life and everything I stand for. I ask that you do everything in your power to share my mission, what I put my entire life on the line for. To reveal to this world what they are capable of, by showing them the confidence and abilities they already possess.”
– Jessi Combs
The text here was taken from the Jessi Combs foundation website.
The Jessi Combs Foundation was founded in 2019. The mission of the foundation is to educate, inspire and empower the next generation of female trailblazers & stereotype-breakers. The guiding principle is the simple question “What Would Jessi Do?” and the foundation executes this mission via three pillars:
- Trades were important to Jessi, the very vehicle that provided so many opportunities for her. The foundation will distribute individual scholarships and in-kind partner donations to educational institutions and learning centers to continually be a driving force behind the next generation of female tradespeople
- Live event workshops will allow the foundation to keep alive and well the one-on-one interactions that Jessi loved so much
- This will resonate via in-house projects, as the foundation looks to continually set new bars on her behalf
- The foundation will continually utilize our voice to shine light on those whose achievements, talents and art inspire others
- Grants and Event Sponsorships will be the primary tools to support the efforts of events or attempted achievements that align with the barrier smashing attitude Jessi embodied
These images are from my personal collection as well as some from the Exhibit at the Peteresen Auto Museum. Please take a few minutes to visit her foundation website and follow her request to celebrate her life and accomplishments.
You are greatly loved and missed by so many my dear friend.