We had a very successful AWD only clinic in February. We are planning another clinic for March 18th in Borrego Springs, CA. This all-day clinic will provide the knowledge and skills to drive an AWD vehicle off-road.
The clinic is schedule for March 18th from 8:30am to 4:30 pm. It will be at a location in Borrego, Springs. Borrego Springs is about 90 mile east of San Diego.
Here is a list of some of the items we will cover: Off Road Vehicles, difference AWD to 4WD, Driving Technique, airing down, Safety, Pre-Run Check, Survival & Peace of Mind Kits, and overview of recovery with ropes & straps. You will learn the capabilities & limits of your vehicle.
The class will answer these questions and many more questions:
- How do you avoid damage to an expensive vehicle?
- What do you need to avoid, when descending a steep Hill?
- What impact does an automatic transmission have on off-road driving?
- How can you improve your traction by 250%?
- What is traction control? And the difference with Electronic Stability Control (ESC).
- What is the most important safety item you can bring?
- The advantage (and danger) of substituting momentum for lack of traction.
For more details on the clinic check out the class description and sign up on the website:
We need a minimum of 4 people to run the class. If we have to postpone, we will move you to April or refund your remittance.
The Desert this time of year is beautiful. There may be wildflowers.
If you have already taken the class let other AWD vehicle owners know about the class. In fact, we would appreciate if you all would let other know.
Tom Severin, President
Badlands Off Road Adventures, Inc.
4-Wheel Drive School